The National Lift Tower is a 127 metre (418 ft) research and development centre based in Northampton, England. The tower was originally built for the testing of lifts but over more recent lifts we not only test lift technology but safety equipment and other technologies that require a high open space.
Projects undertaken at the tower include:
- Lift engineer training.
- The world’s tallest drainage testing installation.
- Telecommunications including long range high speed wireless broadband.
- Height safety and access equipment.
- Filming location.
- Space project.
- Corporate and charity abseils.
- Lift equipment development and marketing.
- Escape systems for offshore platforms and vessels.